Thursday 25 September 2014


I've been writing since I was a bout 14 or so, although I've been making stories up since I was a kid.

I guess I got 'permission' to be a Writer when my friend's dad said one day, after watching me spin a pretty convoluted tale out of a GI Joe, a picket fence and a rose bush, "Boy, you need to do something with that imagination of yours."

I've run hot and cold with my writing for years and and that's been a big regret because I've always thought I had something as a writer, if only I could muster the discipline and organization to work on it.

I know that sounds a tad egotistical, but isn't ego what you need to get ahead in most things?

This year has been the longest stretch that I've continued with writing. So far, it's been almost every day since the summer that some form of writing gets done.

NaNoWriMo's coming up and I'll write more about that as it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment